Reopening with care!
Our reopening plan is focused on both safety and member experience. Many of your favorite activities and amenities are available in complete compliance with the Governor’s Reopening Task Force, CDC, and local health.
How did you make decisions about your safety protocols?
With guidance from health officials, government leaders, Y-USA the Northwest CT YMCA developed our reopening plan. The plan outlines our COVID-19 mitigation strategies, and many thoughtful, informed discussions about how best to resume operations and safely serve members and program participants.
Mask Update – as of May 19, 2021
All staff and members who have been fully vaccinated for two weeks have the choice to not wear a mask indoors. All unvaccinated individuals must follow the rules below. All childcare and camp programs will continue to follow the mask protocol determined by the Office of Early Childhood until further notice.
- We will align and update our operations with each successive phase of the Governor’s Reopening Task Force.
- Signs are clearly displayed at the front doors asking you to stay home if you have signs of respiratory Illness. If you have signs of COVID-19 you may not enter the facility.
- All members and staff are to check-in during each visit.
- At this time, only active members will be allowed access to the Northwest CT YMCA facilities and programs to ensure that we can maintain our facility limits and support our current members. CT Alliance of YMCAs have suspended the Y’s Nationwide Membership at this time.
- Nationwide members & guests will be allowed to resume coming in starting June 1st, 2021.
- If you would like to give feedback about service please ask to speak with a Director team member at the Northwest CT YMCA.
We are continuing our reservation system for lap swimming, basketball and group exercise classes. You can reserve spaces up to 1 week in advance. Reservations can also be made on our Mobile app! Find it on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
We ask that all members use our online reservation system, or call in if they cannot access it to ensure that there is space. If a member is unaware of the new procedure, we will be happy to explain the process and allow the member in if there is space available. After that point, we expect all members to follow this procedure to ensure our staff can appropriately manage their responsibilities.
Mask Requirements (for unvaccinated members & staff)
- -Entering/exiting the building starting at the outdoor steps
- -All common areas
- -Before and after activities where you can remove your mask
- -Strength and Cardio Rooms, Gymnasium
- -Masks must be worn over mouth and nose
- -While exercising on cardio equipment
- -Participating in Group Exercise Classes
WHEN YOU CAN REMOVE:
- -You must wear your mask to and from your lap lane.
- -Please wear your mask once you leave the shower.
- -Open for bathroom use and/or quick change.
- -Showers are available. Members should spray their shower before and after each use and take no longer than ten minutes so they can be ready for reservations that start at the top of the hour. Please wear your mask once you leave the shower.
- -Whenever possible wear your workout gear to the facility to reduce locker room usage.
- -While this is not a Covid-19 specific rule, please remember cell phone usage is not allowed in the locker room.
- -Saunas are not available at this time.
- -Members must wipe down their equipment with spray provided before and after each use.
- -Staff will be regularly disinfecting high touch areas in our facility.
- -Small Group Exercise classes will be available and must be booked online.
- -Virtual Classes will continue to be available.
- -Please bring your own yoga mat for yoga and any traditional classes requiring a mat. Bring yoga blocks, if needed, to all yoga classes.
- -Bring your own water bottle.
- -Please arrive on time
- -Swimmers must preregister for a Lap Lane through our online reservation system or our Mobile App
- -Please wear your mask to and from the lap lane.
- -When possible, swimmers are encouraged to shower before coming to the YMCA.
- -Members may reserve one lane per day for up to 30 minutes.
- -Please arrive only 10 minutes before your appointment time.
- -Bring your own kickboards and pull buoys. Shared equipment is not available.
See a full list of our programs on our Program Guide. At this time, the following services are unavailable:
- -Sauna Rooms Closed
Virtual Online Programs
The YMCA’s virtual programming will be expanded and continue. Many thanks to all of you who have participated in it and continue to enjoy it! If you have not tried it now is the time! See the Virtual Class Schedule here or check out our On-Demand Video Library of your favorite classes.
NOTE: When creating an account to make reservations online or on the app, your “barcode” is your membership ID number. Click here if you need more information!
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- -The Y is is continuing our stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout all areas of Y facilities and program sites.
- -Members and staff are required to wear face coverings in all common areas and strength/cardio room during this phase.
- -Members and staff are asked to have a part in keeping our facility clean! Please wipe down your machines before and after each use.
What safety protocols are employees required to follow?
- -Staff who have a fever or are not feeling well are told to stay at home. All staff will be required to complete a temperature check, before every shift.
- -Employees, except Rescue Ready lifeguards, must wear face masks during their shift.
- -All staff will be required to practice proper social distancing while at work.
- -Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant spray for equipment will be provided throughout the facility. We also encourage our employees to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- -Cleaning will now be a major component of all Northwest CT YMCA job duties. All staff will be required to clean and disinfect surfaces often. There are no exceptions.
What happens if I don’t want to follow these safety protocols?
Members and participants who fail to comply with new policies and procedures are putting others at risk. They may be asked to immediately leave the facility. Refusal to comply with these protocols, may result in membership and participation suspension and ultimately termination.
Childcare Covid-19 Policies
Click to see our updated Covid-19 Policies
Click to see our updated Mask Policy