The Reset Challenge
Week 2: Refresh
Maybe your kitchen has turned into the food-court at the county fairgrounds? Deep fried treat in one booth, sugary drink in the next, and top it off with a processed piece of something at the last stop?
Maybe your car has become the 5-star dining experience from another dimension? Where dim lights and cloth napkins are replaced with ordering meals by illuminated numbers and delicately squeezing sauce packets on one knee while ripping off a straw wrapper with your pearly whites?
The fuel we put in our bodies is a choice, and, unlike at a real fuel pump, the options are many.
This week, we will REFRESH our lives; learning tools to manage the balance between stress, convenience, and healthy choices.
CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
This week, we will add to our fitness goals with one weekend of clean eating
- Earn a prize by tracking your workouts: either email email@example.com a picture of your completed tracker each week, or text us (844-795-0914) after each workout and we’ll track it for you (we can’t receive photo texts at this time.) First 100 completed trackers earn a prize!
Healthy Eating Tips
From Local Registered Dietitian Nutritionist - Carla Angevine
ONLINE OR AT HOME
- “Eat the rainbow” Minimum 2-3 fruit and veggie servings
- Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
- Shop fresh, avoid processed food (no take out)
- Five days with 30 minutes of physical activity
- Try our On-Demand or Live Fitness classes
- Join our Workout of the Week (WOW)
- Join our ACCOUNTABILITY groups!
AT THE Y
- Group Exercise Class (Check the schedules: TORRINGTON WINSTED CANAAN)
- Fitness Center – 30 minutes
- Swim – 30 minutes
- If you are not a Y member, please call us to reserve a lane for lap swimming, to attend in-person group ex classes, or join our Guided Winter Hiking Series:
- Guided Winter Hiking/ Snow Shoe Series
- Run, walk, hike, bike… any activity you enjoy on your own or with family!
- Fit Together 6-Week Virtual Series (Cooking & Fitness classes for kids)
- 15 minute walk to a playground and back
- Family Fitness videos
- 30 minutes of playing outside together
- Play a game of tag or hide and seek
- Week 2: Reset Goals Meditation w/ coach Stacey (password ymca)
- StrongSpirit work or mindfulness on theWell.com