The Reset Challenge
Week 5: Reinvest
Three pillars that hold the foundation to your character- your being.
We’ve all made choices about how to use our time, how to use our talents, and where to spend our treasure.
It’s time to REINVEST, though; to pause and take stock in where your time, talent, and treasure lie, and to reconsider how reinvesting could change your future, and your community’s future.
CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK
Find ways to give of your time, talent and/or treasures
- Earn a prize by tracking your workouts: either email email@example.com a picture of your completed tracker each week, or text us (844-795-0914) after each workout and we’ll track it for you (we can’t receive photo texts at this time.) It’s not too late to earn a prize!
ONLINE OR AT HOME
- Volunteer for an organization with your unique skills
- Shovel a neighbors sidewalk
- Pick up trash on a walking route
- Five days with 30 minutes of physical activity
- Try our On-Demand fitness videos
- Try an online Live Fitness class
- Join our Workout of the Week (WOW)
- Join our ACCOUNTABILITY groups!
DONATE TO HELP THOSE IN NEED
If you would like to join us in support of our neighbors, please consider donating to one of our causes:
- Our Winchester Emergency Homeless Shelter is always in need of twin sheet sets, pillowcases, blankets & personal hygiene products (can be dropped off at the Winsted YMCA)
- Feed Your Neighbor NWCT – a local group dedicated to helping families facing food insecurity.
- Support our COVID-19 efforts: Help us continue to provide services for essential workers, supplies & health screenings for our low-income residents & homeless shelter guests, and extending a helping hand to our community during this trying time.
- Help to Build a Better Us – All kids deserve the life-changing opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. Help train future heroes at the Y by supporting our Annual Campaign. Your gift will ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive at the Y.
AT THE Y
- Ask Membership Services about available volunteer opportunities
- Group Exercise Class (Check the schedules: TORRINGTON WINSTED CANAAN)
- Fitness Center – 30 minutes
- Swim – 30 minutes
- Guided Winter Hiking/ Snow Shoe Series
- Run, walk, hike, bike… any activity you enjoy on your own or with family!
- Fit Together 6-Week Virtual Series (Cooking & Fitness classes for kids)
- 15 minute walk to a playground and back
- Family Fitness videos
- 30 minutes of playing outside together
- Play a game of tag or hide and seek
* If you have unsubscribed from our text messages and want to opt back in, text “unstop.” Then text “reset” again to get back on the list!