Aquatic and PE (Physical Education) Director – Torrington
The Aquatic and PE Director is responsible for all Aquatic and Physical Education programming of the branch.
• Provides leadership and direct supervision to Aquatics (Lifeguards, swim instruction, pool operations) and PE programs (gym & swim, AAU Basketball, gymnastics).
• Is present for after-school and Saturday swimming instruction.
• Provides for 20 hours of direct hands on swim lesson coaching.
• Selection, supervision, training and development and success of staff.
• College Degree in Physical Education, Health Fitness or Recreation.
• Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid certification.
• 2+ years experience in the YMCA or similar community service organization programming.
• Must have demonstrated skills working with youth & adults, member relations, staff training & supervision, program development & planning.
• Must have an engaging personality with a commitment to helping people get and stay healthy.
• An ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Swimming instruction experience is preferred.
Must be able to communicate effectively while demonstrating Y Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Full-time with benefits including life insurance, disability insurance, shared cost medical/dental insurance and retirement (after 2 years of Y employment), free YMCA membership.
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com