Rising Star Camp Counselor – Torrington (Youth Services)
Rising Star Camp is a therapeutic day camp specially designed to promote self-esteem, conflict resolution skills, positive interactions and success in its participants. Rising Star Camp is a unique program that accommodates children who may not have had the opportunity to attend day camp. This program is also designed to support children who have struggled with the traditional day camp experience. Counselors are responsible for the supervision and leadership of at-risk children between ages 6-13.
- Counselors are in charge of an age group of 5-7 children.
- Lead goal setting, group activities, lunch supervision, and group wrap up at the end of the day.
- Co-lead/supervise daily activities.
- Tallying and distributing stickers earned within the program.
- Counselors should be able to help the children choose their own goals/consequences to help them reach their own level of success during their 2 weeks of participation at camp.
- Counselors are responsible for children during field trips.
- Must have some college experience or a degree in a human service field.
- Must be available to work the entire camp season. (Days off are discouraged as children need consistency)
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Current Lifeguard Certification (Preferred)
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (Preferred)
Days: Monday – Friday (Monday staff meeting immediately following camp)
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Staff is required to provide bus supervision for a portion of the camp season)
Duration: 9 weeks (June 14, 2021 – August 13, 2021)
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com