Group Fitness/ Personal Trainer – Canaan
Canaan Family YMCA has an opening for an experienced fitness person who is enthusiastic,
energetic, personable, has a friendly disposition and a passion for health & wellness.
• Motivate members and provide a safe and properly instructed environment.
• Be a team player with the ability to create a positive, high-energy studio environment.
• Discuss and evaluate the fitness goals of members.
• Connect music and training cues to support a rhythmic cadence and delivery.
• Hold and maintain current fitness certification. Preferred certifications – NSCA, ACE, PTA, ACSM, AFAA, CI, ISSA, NASM.
• Current Certified Personal Trainer. Global Certified Trainer is preferred.
• BA in Sports and Exercise Science or similar field.
• Must have and maintain a current CPR certification.
• Experience in leading a group fitness workout.
• Must understand interval and circuit focused training programs.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Willing and able to work evenings & weekends.
This position is Part-time (20–25 hours per week)
Benefits: free YMCA membership
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org