Rising Star Camp Director
The Rising Star Camp Director is responsible for overseeing all camp activities and ensuring that all
campers have a safe and positive experience while attending Rising Star Camp. This is a nine week
1. Bachelors degree in Social Work, Psychology, Physical Education or equivalent experience.
2. Knowledge in noncompetitive games, conflict resolution, and behaviors pertinent to “high
3. Must be highly energetic and enthusiastic and possess the ability to be a positive leader for
campers and staff.
4. CPR/AED certification is preferred.
1. Supervise staff and campers.
2. Work Collaboratively with Administrative Camp Director.
3. Check that all paperwork has been filled out properly for each camper to ensure compliance.
4. Create groups of 5-7 children to assign to counselors and for waterfront activities.
5. Open camp; assist campers from bus to counselor group; take attendance.
6. Review camp rules with campers and introductions to staff.
7. Coordinate with Camp Social Worker.
8. Call parents/guardians of campers who are absent or for behavior concerns.
9. Administer medications; assist with lunch preparation and distribution.
10. Facilitate weekly staff meeting at end of camp on Mondays.
11. Ensure the safety of all campers and staff.
To Apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for resumes is March 8, 2019
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer